For those of you who don't like the meat in your chili, this is
the chili recipe for you. It's fast and easy to prepare.
Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and chopped scallions.
Three Bean Chili Recipe Ingredients
• 2 Tablespoons olive oil
• 2 medium onions, chopped
• 1 medium red pepper, chopped
• 1 medium green pepper, chopped
• 1 large jalapeno pepper (seeded, de-veined and chopped)
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 cup beer
• 2 16 oz. cans diced tomatoes
• 1 14 oz. can black beans
• 1 16 oz. can dark red kidney beans
• 1 tablespoon ground cumin
• 2 tablespoons chili powder
• 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 can vegetarian refried beans with chiles
Three Bean Chili Directions
In a large pot, add olive oil and warm over medium heat.
Add onion, peppers, and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes or until
softened. Add beer and stir well. Add tomatoes, black
beans and kidney beans, stirring well to combine. Add cumin,
chili powder, hot sauce and salt. Stir in refried beans to
thicken chili. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.